innd error - internal NCproc state 4

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 19 20:28:35 UTC 2000

Jon Mansey <jon at interpacket.net> writes:

> Anyone help me understand this error message?

> innd: newsxfer.interpacket.net:63 internal NCproc state 4
> innd: newsxfer.interpacket.net:63 cant write Broken pipe

> It shows up repeatedly in news.err.

Hm.  The current state of that channel was CSwritegoodbye and it managed
to get into NCproc.  I'm guessing from this code that that's supposed to
be an impossible situation, but I don't have time just at the moment to
try to trace through all of the references to CSwritegoodbye to see why
that could have happened.

But maybe this will give someone else an idea of where to start....