thanks - and what's about inn 2.[34] ?

Dmitry A. Antipov antipov at rosnet.ru
Thu Jul 20 10:29:21 UTC 2000

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Dmitry A Antipov <antipov at rosnet.ru> writes:
>
> > Here /var/spool/news/cycbuffs/cycbuff0 is a block device
> > /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0:
>
> > # ls /var/spool/news/cycbuffs/cycbuff0
> > brw-rw-r--   1 news     news     118,120 Jul 19 11:40
>
> Does it contain the first cylinder of the disk?
>
> In Solaris, when writing to a block device representing a disk slice, you
> have to make sure that slice doesn't contain the first blocks of the disk.
> If it does, the first time you write to it you'll overwrite the partition
> table and then the disk will be unusable until you repartition it.
>
> Just redefine slice 0 as starting from cylinder 1 instead of 0 and it
> should work.
>
> --
> Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

Hello Russ,
thanks for your help - cnfs cycbuffs really works after repartitioning
according to your instructions :-).

And what about inn 2.3 ? Should I immediately upgrade my working 2.2.3
installation with 2.3 when is was being released ? And what is inn 2.4
(some news sites reports `inn 2.4prexxx...' while telnetting to port
119) ?

Thanks again,

--
Dmitry Antipov <antipov at rosnet.ru>