How to configure news2mail with TULP mail-list server

news news at mjz.com.pl
Fri Jul 21 19:19:49 UTC 2000

Hi!
I am from Poland, under my care is linux server. There are some services
for group of people at my box. Two of them are news server and mail-list
server.
Of course news server is INN 2.2.1. Mailing list is provided by TULP.
I have two problems with them.

1) There are two news lists. One is protected by user/password
verification, second should be open for all. In my nnrp.access I have set
everything like should be.
for example:

*::::!*
*:R P:::pl.soc.dieta.optymalna
*:R P:user:password:pl.soc.optymalni

Who can explain me, why I can't read or post first list without
authetication? Is it posible to set INN server for existing two kind of
lists, one with and second one without user authetication?

2) Next problem I have. I am configuring mail<->news gateway.
For two news lists i have two mail-list under tulp. Configuration of Tulp
is perfect, both lists working very good. Also sending e-mail to proper
news lists. But when news client post his news-message to one of news
list, news2mail send this message to both mail-lists. Configuration of my
newsfeeds looks like:

# news to mail gateway
n2m!:!*:Tc,Ac,Wn*:/usr/lib/news/bin/news2mail

optymalni at mjz.com.pl:pl.soc.optymalni:Tm:n2m!
dieta.optymalna at mjz.com.pl:pl.soc.dieta.optymalna:Tm:n2m!

And corresponding news2mail.cf

optymalni at mjz.com.pl            optymalni at mjz.com.pl