License for nnrpd's SSL support

Kenichi Okada okada at opaopa.org
Sun Jul 30 16:37:54 UTC 2000

In the message "License for nnrpd's SSL support"
               <yld7jwjkw3.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>
Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

> In looking through the INN tree today, I noticed that nnrpd/tls.c and
> nnrpd/sasl_config.c claim to be under the GPL.  That actually poses a
> licensing problem for INN, since we can't include GPL'd code without
> releasing all of INN under the GPL, which we don't want to do.  I'm
> guessing that you'd put the GPL on those files without realizing that.

I do not mind to change the license on those files to the same
as the license of INN.

> Also, I notice that the comments indicate that a few of the routines are
> based on OpenSSL code.  If this is correct, we need to correctly attribute
> those portions as that too affects the license.

My code is based on cyrus-imapd and qmail-starttls.patch(*)
which is based on postfix-tls-19991231-pl02+0.51(*).
I do not know what license the qmail-starttls.patch attributes. :(

(*) ftp://opaopa.org/pub/archives/net/

Thank you.

--
Kenichi Okada