backlog-newfile b0rked, or is it just me?

Per Hedeland per at erix.ericsson.se
Sun Jun 4 13:23:14 UTC 2000

Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
>Strengstes Jugendverbot <barry at fluffy.gets.an.analprobe.dk> writes:
>
>> Hmm, looking more closely, I see that the .output file time has remained
>> unchanged, and these are feeds that are currently inactive on this
>> feeder.  Does innfeed need the kick of an incoming article before it
>> will get around to checking hand-prepared backlogs for that peer?
>
>Yeah, I bet that's what's going on.  Or at least it sounds like a good
>guess to me.

Hm, isn't it more like "innfeed needs the kick of an *outgoing* article
(or several)"? If it isn't sending anything, there doesn't seem to be
any point in adding more files to not send from. I haven't checked the
code in recent times, but I seem to remember that innfeed only looked
for hand-prepared files when it had finished a .input file (which makes
sense to me).

--Per Hedeland
per at erix.ericsson.se