Seeing: Server throttled Success writing SMstore file -- throttling

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sun Jun 4 16:15:50 UTC 2000

>Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 23:20:25 +0900 (JST)
>From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp>
>Subject: Re: Seeing: Server throttled Success writing SMstore file -- throttling
>To: inn-workers at isc.org
>
>} Server throttled Success writing SMstore file -- throttling
>}
>} Anybody see this before?
>
>I haven't seen it, but which storage method are you using?

CNFS exclusively; storage.conf looks like:

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: *
        class: 1
        size: 0,1000000
        }

What strikes me as particularly odd is that this is a "Success" report
rather than a failure report -- if the server was throttled because of a
problem, that I understand; what surprises me is to see it throttle as a
result of a *successful* operation! :-;

Joe