Help with innfeed

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jun 13 11:12:51 UTC 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Mike Hendrix wrote:

> Recently I have received the honor of maintaining our news server here.
> We are running on an E450 with solaris, using innfeed to ship out
> articles.
>
> The problem - when we switched from another machine providing our news
> service to this one, all of our outbound feeds stopped working.  I am
> fairly new to this and don't really have a clue as to what is the problem.
> If anyone can help out with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Did "all" your feeds stop, or do you mean you only have one outbound feed,
and the feed to the new peer never worked?

If you have multiple outbound feeds and they all stopeed:

  You probably messed up innfeed.conf and didn't read the error messages

else:

  Check error messages and see if they aren't accepting from you, etc.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc