largefiles and tagged hash interoperability

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jun 13 11:31:44 UTC 2000

On 13 Jun 2000, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Tagged hash hardcodes a particular off_t size inconsistent with what the
> largefiles support does.  It's fixable, but not without some surgery; I
> was planning on fixing it as part of the history rewrite that's on my
> long-term project list.

  I am running a small Linux system as a numbering/master server at one
site, and now that Linux supports large files, I would like to extend the
remember time a bit. However, the system will only accept 256MB of RAM, so
tagged hash is really needed.

  On that topic, has anyone tried the largefile support with new Linux? Is
there even code in place to do it? Hopefully all that's needed is an
option set by config. If no one has done this I'll put it on my list do
try.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc