older 2.3 INN ... bug in readers.conf/nnrp?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jun 13 11:52:25 UTC 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Ya know, after almost, what, a year of you implementing readers.conf, I
> think I might actually be cluing into it :(
>
> okay, here's what I've got her down to right now:

  But later matches override earlier matches, you want default first or
everyone will get it (or at least my config works assuming that). And your
default is still to let anyone do anything, rather than nothing.

> ============
> auth "external" {
>         hosts: "*"
>         auth: "radius -f /news/admin/etc/radius.conf"
> }
> auth "internal" {
>         hosts: "*.acadiau.ca,131.162.*"
>         default: "unknown at acadiau.ca"
> }
> access "default" {
>         users: "*"
>         newsgroups: "*"
>         access: "Read Post"
> }
>
> but, if I try to connect from 'offsite', I get:
>
> hub> nn
> Connecting to NNTP server news.acadiau.ca ...
> Lost connection to NNTP server news.acadiau.ca: Undefined error: 0

  So telnet directly to the port and see what you get back!

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc