lib updates and test suite

Geoff Wilson gmwils at ecr.mu.oz.au
Wed Jun 14 15:00:56 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 12:25:01AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I've just landed a bunch of stuff that I've been working on for a while.
>
> I've added new implementations of concat.c, xmalloc.c, xwrite.c, and
> strerror.c that I've been working on separately and which pass a
> reasonably comprehensive test suite.  There are no significant differences
> between these and the ones we were using before beyond some additional
> robustness, const cleanliness for xwritev, and modifications to both
> xwrite and xwritev to handle EINTR error returns by restarting the
> operation.
>
> I've also committed the beginnings of a test suite that tests all of the
> above implementations as well as error.c (which I committed a bit back
> with the convdate rewrite).

Just to let you know, the current version inn-CURRENT-20000614 won't compile
innfeed due to a name clash.

innfeed/misc.c
lib/error.c

Both define warn and die as functions with the same arguments/types. Under
FreeBSD 3.4/gcc this results in a fatal linking error. Renaming the functions
within innfeed to innfeed_warn and innfeed_die solve the problems.

My guess is that eventually innfeed will use the general routines in the
library, but for the minute it may be easier just to rename one set of them.

Geoff

--
	a paranoid is just someone with all of the facts at his disposal
		- william seaward burroughs  1914-1997

Geoff M. Wilson <gmwils at zark.thedonkeys.org>  www.zark.thedonkeys.org/~gmwils