Load average surges on AIX

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jun 26 12:31:42 UTC 2000

Over the weekend one of my servers decided to start using all the CPU for
system time, and the load avg spiked to 400+ with only about 800 users.
I've seen this problem before, but not in a very long time.

INN BETA - 05/09, a few patches, running since new. AIX 4.3.3, ditto.
1.2TB EMC RAID, 4GB RAM. The load was running about 1.5 and suddenly
spiked.

I switched from nnrpd daemon to letting inetd start the readers, which has
worked in the past, but nothing good happened this time. Any thoughts?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc