trouble upgrading to BETA

Just Another Victim of the Danish Usenet Afrydder-Mafia barry at marley.mendelu.cz
Mon Jun 26 15:00:07 UTC 2000

On 24 Jun 19100, Russ Allbery wrote:

> > fine, except for the fact that cnfsstat isn't showing the buffer sizes any
> > more...
> > Buffer A3-5, size:  0.00 kBytes, current:  0.00 kBytes  0.00 cycles
> >    Newest: 2000-05-15 12:44:52,    0 days,  0:00:02 ago
>
> Are you still having this problem?  Are your buffers over 2GB in size?

I saw this in a BETA snapshot of two weeks ago, and I see it again
in the snapshot I just grabbed a few hours ago.  Yes, >2GB buffers.

I also have a copy of `cnfsstat' from an older -CURRENT, which does
give the sizes, but seems to have the problem of getting stuck on
a particular buffer while the latest BETA has no problem zipping
through them all.

I'd cut and paste a few lines from each reading the same buffers,
but I'm not able to do that at the moment...

--
"OK, you know how sometimes you're clicking on links on the Web
and then suddenly a message comes up saying 'page not found'?  Or

"Usenet is like that all the time, only without the email or the
web pages."

-dp.