The infamous to-do list

Kevin McKinnon kevin at sunshinecable.com
Wed Jun 28 17:32:32 UTC 2000

> * Wishlist for nnrpd/readers.conf (Sorry if I've overlooked something,
>   especially the readers.conf is still not my best friend):
>
>      A download limit (KB/sec) for a user/host/IP/group should be
>      definable.
>
>      This becomes more and more important for us with all that DSL
>      and "flatrate" stuff.

There is code in nnrpd.c, perl.c, and article.c that references
MaxBytesPerSecond which looks, on quick examination, to do part of
what you're looking for.

What's there works on a per-connection basis, not per-
user/host/IP/group.

The existing perl authenticator returns 4 results; it doens't provide
a value for MaxBytesPerSecond.  I'll mess around with this for a bit
and see if I can't scrape together whether it works as-is.  It might
be as simple as returning a fifth value from nnrpd_auth.pl.  AFAIK,
this feature is not documented anywhere yet.

If anyone else knows that this works and how to implement it, please
jump in and save me some digging!  ;-)

Cheers,
Kev

Kevin McKinnon, Sr. News Administrator              news at sunshinecable.com
Sunshine Communications Cable Internet       http://news.sunshinecable.com
[cronkite.sunshinecable.com  INN2.3  Incoming Curr:13.3Mbps,Peak:20.1Mbps]