where are actually articles stored?

Qonita qoni198 at puspa.cs.ui.ac.id
Tue Mar 7 12:35:30 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am just wondering where do the article get stored. I mean stored, is the
physical article.

I use cnfs for storage, and I've checked the contents of the buffers with
strings command, 'strings buff00* | more', and they don't represent all
the articles that can be read from news reader.

For example, there's an article from A with content "bla bla", but I
cannot find the words "bla bla" in the buffers.

So, where does cnfs actually _write_ the articles?
I know that with traditional storage method the physical articles can be
read in spool/articles.

Thanks in advance.

@ Qonita a.k.a niet @
qoni198 at puspa.cs.ui.ac.id

   -- I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand --