503 NNTP server unavailable.

Brandon Hume hume at Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca
Tue Mar 21 19:40:49 UTC 2000

> Ok, I did that, did a `kill -HUP` on syslog and restarted inn. Still:
> -rw-rw-r--   1 news     news           0 Mar 21 11:13 news.err

On a side note, do you have all syslogd patches applied, and perhaps tried
killing/restarting syslogd?  (/etc/init.d/syslogd start/stop)

syslogd on my Sol7 news server has to be killed/restarted every night due
to it ignoring SIGHUP for no apparent reason (I'm fully patched).

As much as I like Sun, they seem to find a functional syslogd to be an
excessive challenge.  :)