Your patch for SSL support in nnrpd

James.Brister at nominum.com James.Brister at nominum.com
Sat Mar 25 11:59:38 UTC 2000

> The STABLE branch is advertised as the current production release
> plus fixes. No new functionality is added to the STABLE branch.
> Hence I expect the SSL support to be introduced in 2.3
> Am I right?

Exactly.

> The draft from S. Barber, dated april 1997, talks about extensions in
> the authentication area.

Right, but only in general terms--providing hooks for
authenticators. Something needs to be documented for SSL specifically before
many will support it.

> What are clients like Outlook Express,
> Netscape Navigator, knews etc using when secure logon is chosen?

Beats me, but I suspect they only work with their own servers via private
protocols.

James
--
James Brister                                            brister at nominum.com