new software

Steve Walker mouse at nibble.net
Sat Mar 25 18:00:23 UTC 2000

Hello everyone,

I know this message may be a little off topic so please let me know if I should not
post here.  I have wrote a new news routing software package and I'm look for some
help in testing it.  If anyone has a spare Linux machine I'd appreciate it if you would
install a copy and give me some feedback on it.

It's very easy to install.  Just untar the archive, edit the simple Apache style config
file, and run the executable.  It will take 5 mins- tops.

While it's still a beta version, it does have all the features needed for a production
machine.  External spam filters, full or partial streaming feeds, cyclic
history/spool/queue files.  There is never any need to expire or throttle.  I also plan
on adding support for reader access once the main core is tested a little more, but for
now it's just a router.  It should route news as fast or even faster than nntprelay.

Anyone that wants to download a copy can do so from http://nntprouter.nibble.net/

Thanks,
Steve Walker.