Need instantaneous help to pull in news from news.uunet.ca

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:05:50 UTC 2000

The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:

> We have a feed from news.uunet.ca I set up everything to receive but we
> were told that we have to pull in our news.  We have a Username/password
> combo.

Really?  That's rather unusual and I wouldn't expect that from a branch
of UUNet.  I'd think they'd only want to do regular feeds.

> How do we pull in an incoming feed using Inn 2.x?

There isn't really any support built into INN for pulling news, but there
are various good separate packages for do it.  The most common are suck
and newsx, both of which should turn up on web searches and the like and
probably are on Freshmeat.