INN config file parsing infrastructure

Frank Altpeter freddy at dachbu.de
Thu May 4 12:56:19 UTC 2000

Hello !

Bill Davidsen wrote on 04.05.2000 07:49:45 -0400:
> On Mon, 1 May 2000, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
>
> > I think something like '%include file' would be
> > useful when the file is quite large and not esay
> > to read.
>
>   Agreed, that would also make it easier to maintain a number of machines,
> with defaults by class in individual files.

Don't know if it is suggested before... kick me if i'm wrong :-) but
what about simply adding M4 preprocessing feature to INN ?

I know some software that does a very good job with it, and M4 is AFAIK
on most systems available.
You only need a "include( filename )" then, and there are other features
that can be used.
Then for example just add a commandline option -M to innd to enable M4
parsing of the config files and all runs fine. If one does not want to
use M4, he can ommit the option and the innd works like now :-)

With kind regards,

		Frank Altpeter - Laird Of Glencairn

--
"What do you know about women, Erwin? What is it that they want from a
 guy like me?" - "Judging by what I've seen from surfing the web for