cnfs_store() xwritev() failed

Bruce Blaser blaser at oregonvos.net
Mon May 8 19:08:47 UTC 2000

Hi.

I've been running INN 2.2.2 with cnfs on Redhat 6.2 for more than a
month without problems but now I am getting this error:

May  7 19:55:01 vnet innd: SERVER cant store article: cnfs_store()
xwritev() failed
May  7 19:55:01 vnet innd: CNFS-sm: cnfs_store xwritev failed for 'SIX'
offset 0x5d84000: Input/output error

which causes innd to throttle and not accept any articles.  The SIX
cycbuff was on its 5th cycle and cnfsstat showed it at only 18% used.

Another cycbuff in the same metacycbuff as SIX did this last Friday as
well, with the same Input/output error (I just swapped in a new cycbuff
as a temporary fix).  I'd appreciate any advice/solutions anyone might
have.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Bruce