wipcheck and wipexpire

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon May 15 17:52:40 UTC 2000

Quoting Kachun Lee (kachun at pathlink.com):
> After turning on trace and putting in some more syslog, I found out that it was
> quite typical for 7-8 of our peers to offer the same articles within a few
> seconds. With current default (wipcheck=5, wipexpire=10), the 1st CHECK was
> replied with SENDIT. Then 1 or 2 of the followed CHECKs were replied with
> RESEND and that indicated the msgid was in WIP. However, followed CHECKs after
> 2-3 seconds of the first one were responsed with SENDITs instead and resulted
> with 3-5 DUPLICATEs and caused the same articles send over many times.

I had this problem on a much smaller scale, and I just had all but one of
my feeds change back to using nntpxmit instead of nntpsend.  But your
solution seems cleaner.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than up there