INN config file parsing infrastructure

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 17 12:57:43 UTC 2000

On 6 May 2000, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Olaf Titz <olaf at bigred.inka.de> writes:
>
> > That would be nice, but then the configuration would have to be cut
> > down radically.
>
> That's part of the long-term goal.  I don't expect it to happen any time
> soon, but every project needs good long-term goals.  INN has a lot of
> fairly advanced configuration that needs to continue to be accessible to
> those people who need it but which I think we could do a better job hiding
> from those people who just want to get a news server running and would be
> happy with the defaults.

Just reorganizing the current files, like inn.conf, with a comment line at
the end of things people are likely to need changed would be a start. Put
a few host names and stuff at the top and then a "here there be dragons"
warning line followed by things like keyword, xrefslave, etc. Anything
which would require a hirtory or overview rebuild, too.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc