the same id for two differents news ?

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri May 19 09:33:35 UTC 2000

-> I plan to send my old news in a mysql database and want to know if 2
-> differents news, also from 2 differents newsgroups but always the same
-> server, can have the same id.

one news article can appear in two newsgroups. two articles can't have the
same message-id - inn would reject the second one.

-> An other thing : know anyone an application wich can send the news in a
-> database and if possible wich also can manage this database to generate
-> an webpage.

http://floh.gartenhaus.net/newsportal/
http://www.newsadmin.com/

i didn't look there, just got such info - i'll look later.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/