CNFS and overview

Vangelis Haniotakis haniotak at ucnet.uoc.gr
Mon May 22 11:04:35 UTC 2000

 Hi.

 I am running inn-STABLE-20000518, using CNFS to store articles and
overview data - the upgrade from inn-2.2.2 was done today, and
went off without a hitch.
 Inn is running on a fully patched Solaris 7 system, and the cycbuffs
are set to 1.8 GB each - just to be on the safe side. The rest of the
configuration is mostly out-of-the-box, doing only the required changes.

 The problem I am facing is that inn keeps adding overview
data in /news/spool/overview, while I suppose they should be
held in the cycbuffs, which would be indexed in the files under
/news/spool/uniover. The files under /news/spool/overview don't
get expired of course, as the storage_api is set to true in inn.conf,
so they end up eating up lots of space.

 Erasing the files under /news/spool/overview disables reading
of the overviewd articles, so I guess that even while the overview
line in /news/etc/newsfeeds.ctl is:

overview!:*:Tc,Ao,WhR,S30000:/news/bin/overchan

as recommended for CNFS setup, somehow those files end up holding the
overview info.

 I have read through most of the man pages and can't find anything
that might solve my problem. Any help would be very much appreciated -
I'll be happy to provide more info regarding my configuration.

 Thank you in advance for your time and help.

--
Vangelis Haniotakis		    A little rudeness and disrespect
University of Crete - UCnet	        can add drama and excitement