huge innfeed process

Ilya Etingof ilya at glas.net
Wed May 24 08:34:53 UTC 2000

Greetings,

I've noticed that the size of my innfeed process (taken from
inn-BETA-20000518 distribution) grows from 40M to 250M overnight. It
normally serves about 100 connections.

Why it becomes so huge? Is it normal or there is a memory leak somewhere?

I also noticed a great number of temp files left in innfeed/
directory. They typically look like newsfeed.domain.com.output.syaWzP so
there are no lost temp files for "input". What caused innfeed leave these
files there? How do I prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
ilya