CNFS and overview

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed May 24 21:54:15 UTC 2000

Igor Timkin <ivt at logger.gamma.ru> writes:

>> Actually, no; inn.conf is currently handled in a somewhat odd fashion
>> and the parser used by innd ignores anything it doesn't recognize
>> silently.  One of the things I'm going to fix with the new parser (it
>> was done that way to support adding additional configuration parameters
>> that are only used in shell scripts, but I think the additional
>> checking is worth the minor hassle and bloat from storing in the struct
>> parameters only used by the scripts).

> inncheck must print error message for unknown parameters in te inn.conf.
> I may add some additional checks.

Good point; it does.

The new parser, when I have a chance to write it, should make inncheck
much easier (and avoid having to put into inncheck a full list of
parameters that duplicates the lists elsewhere).  I'm going to be mostly
away from the computer over Memorial Day weekend (this weekend in the US)
for Baycon and then hope to start writing code again.