Few problems with INN 2.3.0 BETA

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu May 25 07:30:48 UTC 2000

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> writes:

> Attached could fix this, but I think we need to discuss whether
> successful res/auth in readers.conf means the user is auhenticated.

It's a good question; just the assignment of an identity string to the
user doesn't necessarily mean that since it could be something like
<LOCAL> that's not what you want in the Sender header.  On the other hand,
maybe it's reasonable to expect anyone who turns on the replacement of the
Sender or From header with the authenticated identity to choose identity
strings for their readers.conf setup that will make sense for that.