realtime newsfeed monitoring?

Ilya Etingof ilya at glas.net
Fri May 26 15:02:20 UTC 2000

> > Is there already a tool for gathering and plotting newsfeed data in the
> > realtime? I'm thinking of something similar to flowdelay but plotting
> > figures on per newsfeed basis and in greater details.
>
> I've seen a few different channel feeds that maintain things like graphs
> of where you're getting messages from, but beyond that I'm not aware of
> anything like this.

This is just for your information: I've found a tool called inflow. It
does exactly what I wanted (see above) however it works only for incoming
feeds because it uses innd file feed for traffic analysis.

I've set it up at my site so you may consider taking a look at how it
looks like at http://newsfeed.online.ru . Click 'Incoming newsfeeds' for
inflow plots. There's a URL of its authors at the bottom of every page.

-ilya