ckpasswd -f

Simon Schäfer simon at gekko.de
Fri Nov 3 15:40:08 UTC 2000

Hi,

I want to run a password authentication off of the system password file,
thus using the -f option. What format must the password file have ? I
couldn't find any information on that. Alternatively, using the -d
option would be ok, but I don't know how to generate the ndbm database.
Any hints ? The idea is to have several groups of users, each having
different read/post rights for a set of newsgroups. I don't know how to
realize that yet, but enabling the passwd authentication is the first
step. I though it might help to have several authentications (only pw,
not ip based), each with its own password file.

Thanks for help in advance ! Once I got my system up and running, I
might as well merge all my postings to this list and the replies into a
FAQ for newbies...

Greetings,

Simon