rnews

Matt McLeod matt at boggle.org
Tue Nov 7 11:56:37 UTC 2000

Matt wibbled thus:

> Russ wibbled thus:
> > Alternately, and *possibly* better, one could fix NNTPsendarticle, which
> > is what rnews eventually ends up calling, in lib/sendarticle.c so that it
> > doesn't add the CR if lines already end in CRLF.  That looks like it would
> > be pretty straightforward.  I'm not sure if that would end up corrupting
> > articles that actually really did have a CR before their line terminator,
> > though, under some suck and repost circumstances, and if so whether we
> > actually care....
>
> That'd cover other frontends too, which could be useful.  I'll
> poke around and see what I can see.

Erk. That doesn't look like a working proposition:  the CRLFs need
to be cleaned out before Process() extracts the headers prior to
doing the ihave.  Or Process() needs modifying to take that into
account too.

I'm thinking that unless there's some real prospect of CRLFs showing
up through some other route, it may be best to simply fix ReadRemainder()
and be done with it.

--
                More than a mere hindrance.  It's a whole new barrier!