Is buffindexed overview corruption problem fixed in -STABLE?

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Tue Nov 7 16:18:15 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.0011070209470.64985-100000 at vax.chrillesen.dk>,
	Anonymous Coward <anonymous at Drunken.Newsbastards.Org> wrote;

} No mouse to cut'n'paste from this text console here, but the
} difference is I only see the ovgroupmmap messages, not the
} `could not open' messages.

I've seen this a few days ago, though I still cannot find
how it comes.  But I think this can be ignored, since the
messages should continue to be out at every expireover time
if problem exists.

} I'm unclear on this -- is it safe to process this overview!
} dropping with overchan while innd is writing its own overchan
} at the same time, using buffindexed?

That should be ok.

} And is it safe to run makehistory while innd runs, with buffindexed,
} to create missing overview data?

See my comment in
http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/inn-workers/2000/09/msg00245.html

} > By the way, what is "hidden groups"?

Overview entries are not purged when rmgroup'ed for buffindexed.
This is done when expireover runs and buffindexed calls those
groups so.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou