slow expire with buffindexed

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Wed Nov 8 00:54:18 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.02.10011081103400.26039-100000 at firewater.ihug.co.nz>,
	Simon Lyall <simon.lyall at ihug.co.nz> wrote;

} Ideas I'm think are that perhaps my overview files are corrupt and should
} be rebuilt although I'm trying to avoid this since it will take the server
} down for a long time.

You've got tons of 'ovgroupmmap ovbuff is null' in syslog,
if corrupted.

} Is it possible that the fact that my overviews are bigger than I need slowing
} everything down?

For buffindexed, as I wrote several times somewhere, if
some newsgroup hold a large number of articles(over 1M),
it will.  I'm thinking of fixing this, and believe it's
not so difficult.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou