Can't see any newsgroups.

linda wijsneus at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 21 14:33:32 UTC 2000

Hi all,

Hope you will be willing to answer the questions of a newbe.

I set up a very simple newsserver: Just local newsgroups, no incoming or
outgoing newsfeed. Configured my readers.conf in a way that only one
particular user on one particular machine can access my newsserver with
read and post rights in one particular newsgroup. Just testing
environment... But this newsgroup won't appear in whatever newsclient I
use!
I added some newsgroups (they're local) but I didn't call them local.*
I called them wortell.* (the name of the company). Is this where my
problem lies? That I can't keep local newsgroups if they aren't called
"local.*"?

I'm running INN 2.3.0 on FreeBSD 4.0

And yes I read *lots* of manuals ;)

Hope you can help me,