Upgrade 2.2.2 => 2.3.0

Gerd Hoerst gh at capricorn.tower.de
Tue Oct 3 09:01:54 UTC 2000

Hello !

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> } My Fidogate need the path to the article in outgoing. (in 2.3.0 only the
> } token is available)
> I don't know how that gateway works, but you can use 'sm' to get
> article with the token.
The gateway cat the outgoing file to a tempfile and read the file and then
it takes the article through the gate (rfc2ftn)
I just read that rfc2ftn is also able to read via stdin, and i contacted
the programer of the program.

> } 2nd inews failes: (called from mailpost)
> } inews failed: Can't get list of newsgroups, Permission denied. (Article
> } not posted.)
> Mostly this comes from the permission of pathtmp.
Which permissions are needed ?
capricorn:/var/spool/news/in.coming # ls -l -a
total 16
drwxrwxr-x   4 news     news         4096 Sep 27 10:01 .
drwxrwxr-x  14 news     news         4096 Oct  1 14:10 ..
drwxrwxr-x   2 news     news         4096 Sep 27 09:50 bad
drwxrwxr-x   2 news     news         4096 Oct  2 02:51 tmp

Ciao Gerd