INN feature request: newsfeeds W parameter to write entire article

Tim Ramsey tar at ksu.edu
Tue Oct 3 19:14:29 UTC 2000

Hiho,

I have a feature request for INN: add a new parameter to the W flag to
cause the entire article to be written to the site channel/file/etc.
There's already WH to send the headers.

We have a locally written script that reposts locally posted articles to a
specific newsgroup so admins can keep an eye on postings originating from
our news server.  When I upgraded to 2.x the move to storageapi and CNFS
broke the script.  I've rewritten it to use sm to fetch articles, but it
would make more sense to have innd simply send the article down the
channel.

Tim Ramsey / Sr. Systems Admin      tar at ksu.edu     (work)
Enterprise Server Technologies      tar at pobox.com   (personal)
Computing and Network Services      +1 785 532 3742 (office)
Kansas State University