virtual domains again...

Simon Schäfer simon at gekko.de
Tue Oct 10 13:24:47 UTC 2000

Hello,

I am looking for a way to create virtual newsservers, something similar
to the virtual webserver feature apache has. The requirements are that I
can set up multiple newsservers such as news.foo.com and news.bar.com
with different local groups (stand-alone server with no incoming or
outgoing feeds) with and without access control that run on the same
machine, same port and same installation of INN. Ideally, the virtual
servers should be name-based (one ip = multiple newsservers), but if
that's not possible I could install ip-aliasing on the server.

I have read several manuals about INN and browsed through this mailing
list archive, but haven't found a solution. There was a discussion about
this topic starting at Wed, 13 Sep 2000 by 'Michael', but it didn't help
me either. If there is a solution around or if anyone knows about a
nntp-daemon which has this virtual-domain feature, please advise me.

Thanks in advance & Greetings,

Simon