Speaking of virtual domains....

Michael michaeln at isomedia.com
Wed Oct 11 10:06:33 UTC 2000

Could someone post a sample of a readers.conf file that uses virtual hosts?
I've gone through the man page and while it seems simple enough, it doesn't
seem to work.  Here is my aim:

- I have a server with 15 domains
- I want to offer each domain news service where they can create their own
newsgroups with the name

<domain>.<groupname>

Here is the readers.conf that I'm using as a test with two of my domains:

auth "cobraq8" {
        key: cobraq8
        default: "cobraq8"
}

access "cobraq8" {
        virtualhost: true
        key: cobraq8
        users: "cobraq8"
        newsgroups: "cobraq8.*"
        pathhost: news.cobraq8.com
        domain: cobraq8.com
}

auth "sandycat" {
        key: sandycat
        default: "sandycat"
}

access "sandycat" {
        virtualhost: true
        key: sandycat
        users: "sandycat"
        newsgroups: "twentyten.*"
        pathhost: news.sandycat.com
        domain: sandycat.com
}

Originally it was a lot simpler, but I kept adding more directives that
seemed that they might be related.  Could someone point to me why this
doesn't work?  If I leave just the "cobraq8" entries, the newsgroups for
news.cobraq8.com show up as cobraq8.test which is correct.  However, once I
add the entry for sandycat.com, I get all of the newsgroups for sandycat.com
with both sandycat.com and cobraq8.com.

I hope that makes sense.  Feel free to connect and see:

What did I misunderstand here?

Michael