2.3 getting caught in tight Perl regex loop?

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 13:16:40 UTC 2000

At 10:05 25.10.2000 -0300, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, I don't have the bodies
>or header.  I'm using perl 5.004_04 linked into INN 2.3.0.

The artBody pointer given to HandleArticle(artBody, lines) pointed to the following data:
---------------------------------
>Number:         22281
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       PIB does not display the Port's description file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Two things,
1) PIB still has the old port structure and will not build unless
   the directory structure is correct (rm old port structure dirs)
2) PIB does not display the pkg-descr file, it still looks for
   pkg/DESCR.

I'd like to see this fixed, because I love the look on the linux
newbies faces at work, when they watch me use pib to install a port
with multiple dependencies with a single click of a button.
It's just great!
I've attached a trivialpatch to correct item 2
>How-To-Repeat:
o  Fix the directory structure for pib by removing all directories
   but files.
o  Do a make install
o  Run pib and select a port
o  use the \"?\" (Next to the port titlebar in the browser window)
   to display the port's description.\no  A dialog box advises that pib can't find
   /usr/ports/<port>/pkg/DESCR

>Fix:
Trivial patch attached

>begin 644 patch-ac.uue", ' ' <repeats 72 times>,
I've stripped the uuencoded stuff. Tell me if someone needs it!

Regards, Wolfgang

--
 /     Um ein tadelloses Mitglied einer Schafherde      \
/    sein zu können, muß man vor allem ein Schaf sein    \