recovering from a crash

Adam adam at cfar.umd.edu
Thu Oct 26 16:02:44 UTC 2000

hello,
	I have a problem. The news server has crashed.
	The all old as well new coming articles are in spool.

	however, indexing of the artciles seems be messed up.

	For example, when clients connect to news sever it gets
	only old artciles from before the crash. The news artciles
	from after the cras does not show up.

	Also, sometimes article number subject/number given in
	index sent to client is different than the article
	actually feed when I request it.

	I have looked over the FAQ. I saw the "recovering from crash",
	section as well as ones on recreating history and active file.
	I tried various versions of 'makehistory" including recreating
	history from scratch, as well as 'ctlinnd renumber' but the
	problem still persist.

	any idea? Could it be in some way related to ".overview" file?
	And what would be right way to recreatve .overview file?
--
Adam
http://www.eax.com	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers