Compile errors

Mirek Luc mirecki at nask.pl
Fri Oct 27 09:52:42 UTC 2000

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Alexander N. Ryzhov wrote:

> There are neither libdbm.so nor libndbm.so library in my box. But
> db1/ndbm.h exist - it is strange.
> Then I move db1/ndbm.h to another place, reconfigure INN and then build
> everything ok.
> Is it right way ?
No. configure found either ndbm.h or db1/ndbm.h. In your case it was
db1/ndbm.h header file. Look at ifdef in ~inn/authprogs/ckpasswd.c:
#if defined(HAVE_NDBM_H) || defined(HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H)
char *GetDBPass(char *name, char *file)
[...]
You can run "~inn/configure | grep dbm" to see what was found. You have
db1/ndbm.h but your linker couldn't find dbm_* functions. See dbm_open(3).
Or you can try to find dbm_*() manualy:
for i in <pathS-to-system-libraries>
do
   cd $i