expireover option missing in 2.3

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Sep 4 15:10:54 UTC 2000

I was thinking of it again and opened my note pc on the train when
I came back home.  And also Heath's clear description helps me.

In article <20000904114339.A46739 at becile.teaser.fr>,
	Laurent Frigault <lfrigault at teaser.fr> wrote;

} I don't know if this can help you, but the following steps explain how I
} reproduce the problem:

Now, probably I think I know how it happened.  Here we go(I assume
you still run timecaf);

groupbaseexpiry is true:
 - expireover reads expire.ctl and purges overview data regardless
   of article existense
 - I think your expire.ctl tells expireover to hold overview data

groupbaseexpiry is false:
 - expireover assumes expire purges history and there should be
   no entry for article if article is gone
 - there still exists entry for cancelled article when you run
   expireover, and overview still remains

Heath proposal reminds me add '-s' to expireover which always does
RETR_STAT regardless of self-expiry functionality.  Any comments?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou