Hrrmmm shouldn't those lines be...

Richard Irving rirving at onecall.net
Sat Sep 9 01:34:41 UTC 2000

Russ Allbery wrote:

> I think the summary here is that the &'s aren't the source of the problem,
> although one can argue about coding style.  (Similarly, the assignment of
> the result from the RENEW macro isn't the problem; p = p = expr(...) is
> exactly the same as p = expr(...).)  The leak must be somewhere else.

 I suspect you are right, and concur completely.

 However, as a rule of thumb,
the -first- step to troubleshooting alien code is to make
-sure- it compiles -cleanly-, right ?

 Do you know any - professional - who would do otherwise ?

> The following is mostly pedantic standards stuff (yes, I'm a comp.std.c
> reader), very ignorable if you're not interested.

   Judging from the Volume of detail on the remainder of that
post, you must not be very -busy-, huh ?

:)