Bug in 2.3.1 wrt. posting?

Dickon Hood dickon.hood at bbc.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 15:52:29 UTC 2001

I've noticed for a while now that inn 2.3.1 (Solaris 2.7, Perl filtering,
nothing special aside from that) seems to have an interesting buglet to do
with handling of posts starting with a '.':

> Newsgroups: bbc.forums.eastenders.dunnit
> From: Chunky Monkey <DCollins at alfredblackmore.co.uk>
> Subject: re: Bentia
> Date: 5 Apr 2001 16:44:05
>
> ....Really Dull

returns the error:

Article has no body -- just headers

which I find odd.  Is this actually a problem with innd / nnrpd, or is
this actually an illegal post?  I've bodged it by prepending articles
which start '.' with a space, but this is inconvenient.

(Oh, this isn't a public newsgroup or newsserver; see
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?board=eastenders> for more guff
like it - it's our new forums system...).

--
Dickon Hood

BBC Internet Services,
Kingswood Warren.
(+44 1737 8)39754.  Mail me.  Don't phone if possible.  Ta.