ctlinnd begin inpaths\! cores innd

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 12 18:01:55 UTC 2001

In article <20010409081220O.kondou at inn.do.mms.mt.nec.co.jp>,
Katsuhiro Kondou  <kondou at nec.co.jp> wrote:

| In article <9ammi1$tm9$1 at ncc1701.cistron.net>,
| 	list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) wrote;
|
| } If I attach to innd (2.4 CVS) with gdb and in another window
| } do an 'ctlinnd begin inpaths\!' to reload my inpaths process
| } innd coredumps.
|
| I've been seeing this occasionally not only on 2.4, but also
| on 2.*.
|
| } A plain 'ctlinnd reload newsfeeds' appears to work fine:
|
| That problem forces me to use reload any time newsfeeds is
| updated.  This is in my todo list.

I would expect to do reload newsfeeds, but when you want to just kick a
single feed, is this not what "flush" is for? The only time I have used
"begin" is when I have first used "drop" on that site. I make be doing
that all wrong, but then my innd isn't crashing when I do that, so maybe
I'm doing something right ;-)

Is there a code assumption that when you begin a site it's not already
running?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc