Artsize still not quite right in CURRENT

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Apr 18 16:04:58 UTC 2001

In article <72ae5ee6dw.fsf at nd1.eng.demon.net>,
Alex Kiernan  <alexk at demon.net> wrote:

| I found a RedHat 7 box to play on here, and whilst it needs a #include
| <stdint.h> to get the uint32_t type, when run it gives:
|
| pread broken - wrote badc0de, read deadbeef
|
| [BTW someone who knows Linux better than me - should this build line
| do the right thing:
|
| gcc -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 checkpread.c]
|
| I'll check out whether pwrite is similarly affected and write some
| autoconf tests.
|
| An alternative approach would appear to be to drop a #define pread
| pread64 into config.h which similarly seems to fix the problem.

And that's probably a better solution all around. And the problem would
seem to be in the headers rather than the library if that works, and
explains why my other test didn't find a problem with pread.

| For reference the box is running 2.4.3-ac7, with (I think) a glibc 2.2
| derived libc (is there some way of getting it to report the library
| version info?)

Probably, but I usually use "ls -l /lib/libc*" as a quick and dirty.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc