readers.conf, bug or am I doing something wrong?

Hawk mr_free at priv.onet.pl
Fri Apr 27 13:51:14 UTC 2001

Hi.
I've just installed INN 2.3.1 and it works ok, but I found one thing I
don't understand in readers.conf. Here is my readers.conf:

<--begin-->
auth "all" {
  hosts: "*"
  auth: "ckpasswd -f /path/to/my/passwd"
  default: "readonly"
  }
auth "bans" {
  hosts: "banned.host"
  auth: "ckpasswd -f /path/to/my/passwd"
  default: "bans"
  }

access "readonly" {
  users: "readonly"
  newsgroups: "*"
  access: "R"
  }
access "bans" {
  users: "bans"
  newsgroups: "!*"
  access: ""
  }
access "user1" {
  users: "user1"
  newsgroups: "*"
  access: "RP"
  }
<--end-->

And here is what happens. If user is connecting from other host than
"banned.host" all is ok. If he doesn't give user/password he has only
read access to all groups. If he will give correct user/password for
"user1", he has read/post access to all groups. But...
If user is connecting from "banned.host", and he will give correct
user/password for user1 he should have read/post access to all groups.
But all users from "banned.host" are getting "502: You have no
permission to talk. Goodbye..." regardless if they give a correct user
password or not. So even if user is authenticated correctly he falls
into access "bans". Is this a bug? Or just my readers.conf is bad? How
may I dissallow connections from "banned.host" except for users who
will give correct user/password?

Martin