more on the 423 problem

Lisa Ungar lungar at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 18:17:05 UTC 2001

Hi,

I discovered a pattern with those articles.  They are all cross-posts

I understand that the first newsgroup is what is stored in the history
file.  I am looking at those articles in the second group of the list.

So the real question is how to get the cross-posts to work again

When people posts an article for two groups  on our server, it actually
creates two copies of the articles. (One for each group)

People could access those articles, until I rebuild the overview, which
basically explains why I started to get the 423.

Is the makehistory -O -U the option that I need or is it the makehistory -O
-u to get the cross posts again?

Thanks for your help,

Lisa