new docheckgroups

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Thu Aug 9 17:13:40 UTC 2001

Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it> wrote:

> Is switching the default behaviour of the program from "print a list of
> things to do" to "do everything is needed" acceptable?

I don't know if I'm a minority with my handling, but I have several
hierarchies for which I like to get the output of docheckgroups by
mail, but for which I intentionally differ (e.g. I don't carry some
of the binary groups of dk.*, I simply leave them out), so a "do
everything is needed" would undermine my policy ...

I know of several colleagues that they intentionally differ from
the official de.* checkgroups (leave out the binary groups, have
a special policy for de.alt.* etc.).

And a "doit" with a faulty checkgroups can easily ruin a complete
hierarchy, so I like the current behaviour that the admin is the
"ultimate supervisor".

> Does anybody have feature requests?

Without having read your code: A check against the newsgroups file
would be nice.

Bye,
Bettina