new docheckgroups

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Thu Aug 9 20:54:33 UTC 2001

Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it> wrote:

>> Without having read your code: A check against the newsgroups file
>> would be nice.
>
> What do you mean?

Something like "The following newsgroups descriptions are different
from the current checkgroups, please update your newsgroups file
accordingly". That docheckgroups checks if your newsgroups file
matches the checkgroups.

If a newsgroup changes its tagline, you won't see the booster new-
group if the group is already existent on your server (the newgroup
is not mailed), so you usually miss such changes. If docheckgroups
compares the checkgroups against your newsgroups file, you'll see
what has changed and can adjust the newsgroups file.

But as I said: I hadn't time (and peace :-) to read your code, maybe
it's already done ...

Bye,
Bettina