your exactly right

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Aug 20 09:57:39 UTC 2001

Please email to the list, not just to me.  For reasons, see Russ' document
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Nathan Ridge wrote:

> the inodes are at 100% what is the solution to this? put another drive in
> and re-format with a higher number of inodes?

You don't need another drive permanently if there's still actually enough
space.  If you want to keep whatever data is on the drive which needs an
inode increase, you'll need _someplace_ to put it temporarily, which might
require another drive.

(I _think_ doubling the number of inodes normally allocated ought to do
nicely for news purposes.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org